Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I feel great!

Two weeks ago today, I was in the hospital, being prepped for a kidney transplant. My friend Michele volunteering to undergo surgery and give me one of her kidneys.

Now, this is my third transplant -- a testing or trial that as you can imagine I cannot fully (or really 1/2 fully for that matter) understand. It's an exercise in trust, really. And I know that God is always teaching me to trust Him more -- and how I desire that too.

The surgery went really good (I'm told, I slept through it you know). My kidney numbers are really good with a few exceptions that are still a bit out of wack. But, I feel great. I have not felt this good in so long. I wake up at 6:00 and can't wait to get out of bed while the house is quiet, to read God's word and meditate on his goodness. I was so tired before, I looked forward to having energy back. I know with every fiber of my being that I am blessed. There are people on dialysis for years and years, yet after 5 months a transplant for me.

Today is the 4th of July, and independence day means something special for me today. Independence from feeling like crap all the time, yet asking God to help me hold it loosely, to realize that every good day, and every good gift, and those things that I cannot explain are from Him, a loving God who is for me.

"Lord, I feel great!" "Please help my feelings for you to be independent on my feelings for me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com