In the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last. (Romans 1:17) God will give to each person according to what he has done. (Romans 2:6) It is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8–9) Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. (James 2:17)
- We are saved the grace of God, not by anything that we have done or will do; and,
- We will be judged by what we do.
- Do you see evidence in your life that indicate allegiance to God?
- Do you allow yourself to be shaped by him?
- Do you ever make decisions that but for the reality of Christ would not make sense?